Friday, August 20, 2010

Re: How is Your Department Structured?

2.5

1 FT Director Tech - It is both a credential position as well as an
administrative one as it oversees the Ed Tech (teaching) and PC Tech
(techie) people, also supports PreK-5th teachers with creating,
implementing and assessing integrated lessons, in classrooms about 25%
of the time but not directly teaching, only supporting teachers

1 FT PC Tech - covers the help desk, does imaging, deals with all PC and
network related issues, monitors network, updates, etc.

1 PT Ed Tech (school year 1/2 time) - Supports 6th - 8th grade teachers
with creating, implementing and assessing integrated lessons, deals with
most of the Mac issues (We are 75% PC and 25% Mac), 75% of the time in
classrooms, teaches 2 periods a day of tech apps.