Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Re: Cell phone policies

Thank you to all who have replied. I have collected many cell phone policies
from the public schools in my area as well. I will be sharing these out in
the next few days. I am overwhelmed right now with just getting my school up
and functional.

I have begun to work up a mock policy which builds a postive use of cell
phones. The policy that I am trying to help guide is one for our high
school, so we have to be considerate of the lower grades and a prohibition
of the cell phone during the day, at this point in time until we are ready
to deal with them. Maybe my small, SMART, and Mobile presentation that I
gave at the Laptop Institute should be what I talk about to my Middle School
faculty on Thursday.

As a teaser, the policy I want to build is focused on the high expectations
of responsible use. I am trying to craft it not to be rule drive for the 20%
who negatively impact the community. I would rather focus on the 80% of the
students who would be engaged and currently responsibly uses the
technology.

This will end up as a blog post (vvrotny.org) and I will let you know when I
am done.

V

[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L