Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Re: Cell phone policies

All cell phones are to be turned off during the school day and will be conf=
iscated if seen during the day. In case of an
emergency, please contact our school nurse. Cell phones and electronic devi=
ces may be used after school with
permission from and in the presence of a Sacred Heart faculty or staff memb=
er. The sending or receiving of text
messages or voice mail is not permitted during the school day. The use of a=
ll electronic games and devices are
prohibited during the school day. This policy covers any time a student is =
on the school grounds, e.g. after school
programs, practices, play rehearsals, etc. Students may bring handheld game=
s, MP3 players, IPODs, and other listening
devices to school. However, they may not be used at anytime during the scho=
ol day. They may only be used with the
supervising adult=92s permission after schoo
l (not before school) and on the school bus. This rule also applies to
=93Pok=E9mon=94 and other toys and games.

nancy Jones
Sacred Heart Schools Chicago