Thursday, March 18, 2010

Re: Does a live operator answer your school phone?

Yes. We also have 200 DIDs for both direct phone and some people have dire=
ct fax which lands in their email box.

On 3/18/10 3:14 PM, "Jonathan Mergy" <jmergy@lwhs.org> wrote:

Live for main number. We do put a direct number to the phone tree on the
business cards and I give people the direct number and my extension that
bypasses the live operator.

We will move to DIDs when we get a new phone system (this one is ready to
go) but I think it works well.

Jonathan
Jonathan Mergy <jmergy@lwhs.org>
Director Of Technology
Lick-Wilmerding High School
755 Ocean Ave, SF CA 94112
P:415.585.1725 x365
http://lickwh.at/tech

> From: Bill Perpelitt <billp@delphian.org>
> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:50:43 -0700
> To: ISED-L <ISED-L@listserv.syr.edu>
> Subject: Does a live operator answer your school phone?
>
> We are looking at ways of automating call routing for our school. We
> currently have a live operator answer all calls during business hours but=
am
> not sure this is very efficient.
>
> I was curious how other schools handle incoming calls. Anyone using an
> auto-attendant for their main line?
>

> Bill Perpelitt
> Technology Director
> Delphian School
> http://www.Delphian.org
> 20950 SW Rock Creek Road
> Sheridan, OR 97378
> 503-843-3521
>
> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D1288=
74 ]

[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874=
]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, n=
on-commercial, share-alike license.

*****************************
Matt Pearson
Director of Technology, Security and Safety
Marin Country Day School
5221 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
Phone: 415-927-5950
Fax: 415-945-5150
Email: mpearson@mcds.org
"Do or do not, there is no try."
--Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back
"The person who says it cannot be done should
not interrupt the person who is doing it."
--Chinese Proverb
=FC Please consider the environment before printing this email.