Friday, March 19, 2010

Re: Does a live operator answer your school phone?

We too have someone answering the phone during the day. We find it very
important to have that "live" connection, especially when parents in our
lower divisions call at the last minute with the request NOT to put Junior
on the bus, etc. We have an administrative aide do that; if she gets tied
up with something else, we have someone else pick up the phone until she can
resume. She also meets and greets, an important function, and helps with
other tasks as well.

Ellen Nodelman
Rockland Country Day School

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Bill Ivey <bivey01370@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We have a live attendant during and beyond the school day. Besides
> answering the phone and providing a personal touch, which suits our image,
> they welcome visitors to campus and do myriad other tasks. Honestly, I get
> annoyed and frustrated by schools with automatic systems answering calls,
> and I think of myself as a tech-oriented person. But that is just one
> perspective, I know.
>
> Take care,
> Bill Ivey
> Stoneleigh-Burnham School
>

> On Mar 18, 2010, at 2:50 PM, Bill Perpelitt <billp@delphian.org> wrote:
>
> We are looking at ways of automating call routing for our school. We
>> currently have a live operator answer all calls during business hours but
>> am
>> not sure this is very efficient.
>>
>> I was curious how other schools handle incoming calls. Anyone using an
>> auto-attendant for their main line?
>>

>> Bill Perpelitt
>> Technology Director
>> Delphian School
>> http://www.Delphian.org
>> 20950 SW Rock Creek Road
>> Sheridan, OR 97378
>> 503-843-3521
>>
>> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]
>> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
>> non-commercial, share-alike license.
>> RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L
>>

> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]

Ellen Nodelman
Director of College Guidance & Testing
Rockland Country Day School
Tel. (845) 268-6802 NY Office/(860) 767-8014 CT Office
Fax NY: (845) 268-4644/( CT: 860-767-8014 - for CT, please call before
faxing so I can turn on fax receiving in CT)
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files
or previous e-mail messages appended to it, may contain confidential
information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended
distribution or use of any of the information contained in or appended to
this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication
in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply email and destroy the
original message. Thank You.