Thursday, March 25, 2010

Re: Flip Cameras on PC Network

Greetings all!

We have had similar problems with Movie Maker and Flip video clips, so
the work-around of (my) choice is to add the AVI files in Any Video
Converter, convert to WMV, then bring into Movie Maker. With Windows 7,
I'm now using Windows Live Movie Maker which tolerates a wider range of
video formats including mp4 and avi. We'll see if we have problems this
summer when we roll out 150 new laptops with Windows 7 and see if the
Flips talk to this new version of Movie Maker. I'll miss Photo Story 3,
but Windows Live MM has some nice features, ex. Ribbon with contextual
tabs similar to PowerPoint, AutoMovie, some video editing. Nothing
compared to iMovie, however.

Hope this helps!

-C.D.