Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Re: 21st Century Technology Skills

Greetings from KD6OUA (-.- -.. -.... --- ..- .-) :D

But the coast guard finally dropped code: "Coast Guard Signs Off on Morse C=
ode, and an Era at Sea Ends"
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=3D990CE4DD133AF931A35757C0A9=
63958260

The ham community has also all but dropped it as a licensing requirement. T=
his was largely due to the decreasing ranks of those willing to learn code =
for licensing. With the drop in Amateur licensing numbers, we are in danger=
of losing more bandwidth. While our license talks about maintain the "art"=
of radio, it also talks about pushing forward with new developments. Yes, =
the times they are a changing...

73's (for the ham community)

Chris

Chris Bigenho