Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Re: Thoughts on Technology and the Brain

Personally, I felt that the article alone wasn't terribly convincing. There's definitely an appeal to intuition along with a mostly unlabelled set of brain scans which if you're not careful, makes you want to believe that the one that has more activity is the one that is the "brain while using the Internet".

No control data shown whether the same level of brain activity can be had by reading equivalent text and images not on the Internet.

This has gotten me interested in digging out the source articles which have the actual data and methodologies.

Hoover Chan chan@sacredsf.org
Technology Director
Schools of the Sacred Heart
2222 Broadway St.