Thursday, November 13, 2008

Re: Distribution List Management

I'd do this using Drupal.

If I wanted to do it the easy way, I'd set up a basic Drupal site with the Organic Groups module.

If I wanted the super-deluxe version, I'd use Organic Groups, Mail to Web, Messaging, and Mail Handler.

Both versions create a web-based archive where the group manager can be in charge of memberships, and all members of a group receive email notifications of new posts.

The deluxe version includes the ability to add and respond to posts via email, and to receive notifications via a variety of methods.

For the base version:

http://drupal.org/project/drupal
http://drupal.org/project/og

Deluxe add-ons: