Friday, November 21, 2008

Re: ISED/Service-based trip for 8th/9th grade

Mac,

I would be happy to talk with you (and any others) about our week long
community service options for our 8th grade. We offer three options
during Presidents' week in February, so we dedicate four days of class
time to it. The options include a week in Honduras working at an
orphanage (requires speaking Spanish at a semi-proficient level), a week
in Louisiana helping with the ongoing recovery efforts from Hurricanes
Katrina and Rita, and a week working with social service agencies in the
Boston metropolitan area. Thus, we have an international, national and
local option. Every 8th grader is required to participate in one of the
three activities for the full week. A more detailed description of the
trip to Honduras is on the NAIS web site.

If you would like more information, you can email or call me, and I'll
answer any questions you have.

Raymond Nance, Head of School
Glen Urquhart School
74 Hart Street