Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Re: Asus Eee PC (UNCLASSIFIED)

I have used a 4g model for about a year - under the installed Linux and =
with Windows XP. The experience has been very positive. We plan on =
purchasing a set of 20 ultra mobile pc's this summer, probably EEEPC =
901's but I will seriously look at other competitors when they become =
available in July. They will serve a s a portable class set and =
hopefully generate the interest to push for these umpc's in a one-to-one =
setting soon. The ASUS has been reliable and durable. I have had some =
frustrations with wireless connectivity, I suppose this will be better =
in the newer models. =20
=20
I think they would make a great solution for K and 1st. I think the 4G =
models would be just fine if you are ok with the 800 pixel wide screen.
=20
John Caballero
Heathwood Hall Episcopal School