Thursday, July 3, 2008

help requested on school librarianship

Hello all: I am currently a grad student in library and information =
sciences at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. I also am an =
assistant middle school librarian at an independent school in Milwaukee. =
This summer I have to write a paper on school libraries and =
librarianship. In the paper I have to look at school librarianship and =
discuss the following:

-Assess and articulate professional development goals and activities =
associated with this specialty;

=B7Identify a current skill set (managerial, personnel management, =
technological, etc.) for this profession currently;

=B7 Analyze the challenges and problems facing this specialty; and

=B7 Assess the prospects for this specialty for the foreseeable future.

If any of you have suggestions or specific examples about any of these =
topics, please let me know. My biggest question is what are your =
present challenges, and which is the most pressing, worrisome, etc. ?

If you want to reply, please let me know what school you work at and =
your number of years of service.

I look forward to hearing from anyone willing to help.

Tom Geilfuss
University School of Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L