Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Re: ISED on a Blog? Your thoughts?

It is the automation and the anonymity of the process that bothers me.
If the intent is to give the blog viewers a chance to partake of the
wisdom ;-) of the ISED community then why not link to the archive?
Subscribers to the ISED listserv, whether they have a feeling of privacy
or not, do have a realistic expectation that those who are
participating, either as a lurker or a contributor, have chosen to have
their email address on a list. That accountability may be negligible but
is real nonetheless.=20

Additionally, where is the benefit to the members of the list to have
their words and solutions distributed to a blog? As others have pointed
out, for some of us this listserv is the only "site" we get to on a
regular basis BECAUSE it is delivered to our Inbox. I cannot imagine
that someone reading a reposting of and ISED post on a blog is going to
take the additional bother to then sign up to contribute to the
Listserv.=20

And I wouldn't either, so if the question is whether the ISED listserv
should become a blog, I would say no. If the question is should the ISED
postings be available for reposting I also say no.

IMHO

sherry

Sherry Ward
Director of Technology