Saturday, February 16, 2008

Re: Blackberry in a non-Exchange environment...

We have been running a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) with Exchange =
2003 for 18 months. The wireless synchronization works fine, but email =
reconciliation needs to be configured on the handheld, by default it =
only deletes messages on the Blackberry. Messages reconcile periodically =
or can be forced to do so by the user from the handheld.=20
=20
Blackberry "handicaps" certain mail synchronization features when used =
outside of a BES environment (delaying mail 15 minutes, for example) to =
drive customers to the full product, although it "should" work in theory =
with the Imap and POP3. We have never attempted to use it in this =
manner. BES is available for Exchange, Notes, and Groupwise currently.
=20
Dave Aykroid
Director of Information Technology
Lake Forest Academy