Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Re: 1 to 1 question: did anyone use a control group when piloting?

Jennifer,

I know that Brophy Preparatory in Phoenix did a pilot group of 30 for a
year before adopting the 1:1 program. They require their freshmen to buy
a specific model of laptop that the school configures. To date, the
pilot group, the freshmen and sophomore classes have laptops.
One of the contacts would be Mark Pettit, mpettit@brophyprep.org
His task is to keep the laptops running. Big job.
The Vice Principal of Technology is Mike Nelson, mnelson@brophyprep.org
He could brief you on their pilot program as well as current practices.

I work at the school next door.

Joe

Joe Beringer
Xavier College Preparatory