Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Re: Jacob Smith posts

Blogging is a great form of personal expression and a tremendous resource
for professional growth, but I don't think the listserv is the proper
forum for blog promotion. A good number of ISED subscribers are bloggers,
and if we ALL used the listserv in this fashion it would dilute the
effectiveness and debase the purpose of this valuable tool. A more
appropriate outlet for sharing blog posts might be to use a social
networking site like Twitter, Pownce, or Jaiku. There are no written
rules for these types of tools; hopefully together we can figure out the
best way to communicate given the nature of our message.