Friday, February 22, 2008

Re: FirstClass to Exchange 2007

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>And yes, we are a FirstClass school that has had a lot of success with
>FirstClass. Its not perfect, but its a ton easier to manage than
>Exchange...
Peter,

In the past I would agree with this, but as our administrators have been using pdas, we have been encountering significant problems with syncing calendars, and administering an Exchange server begins to look like a walk in the park. While the tail may be
wagging the dog at this point, I cannot discount the communications expectations made upon administrators by various constutiencies as we build new facilities, buy computers, raise endowments. and provide scholarships. It is unfortunate that FC can't
get this right since they have had calendaring for a while. This is hard for me to say as a FC user since 1.0, running an SE/30 server on localtalk.

George Orio
Friends Seminary
222 East 16th Street
New York, New York 10003