Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Teaching high schoolers with Alice

Hello all,

I'm new to the list - it's my first year as the Director of Academic
Technology at Lincoln School in Providence, RI, and I'm tasked with
designing a Computer Science and Robotics curriculum for 10th-12th grade
girls. The robotics has been going well, but now I'm moving into the CS
portion of the year, and I'd like to make good use of the Alice
application from Carnegie Mellon. Problem is, I've never used it before,
and I could use some ideas for projects, etc. I've found many of the web
resources, but I'd like to hear directly from anyone who's used Alice.
What has worked? What sort of projects have you done? What are the
important concepts you taught with it? Any practical experience would help
me out a lot.

Thanks, and it's good to be here.

-Doug

--
Doug Alexander
Director of Academic Technology
Lincoln School
401-331-9696 x3137


[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L