Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Re: Faculty Tablet Computers and Network Security

Jane,

At Bryn Mawr we make sure the tablets are running our chosen anti-virus
and anti-spyware and train the faculty about security (what to open, not
to open where to go, not to go. We do the much the same for students
bringing in their own laptops. They must see us first to check for the
same type software and get a sticker showing they've done so. It's
really nothing more than we do for cart laptops and stationary desktops.
Once a year they visit us for software updates where we can check them
again.=20

Henry