Monday, February 25, 2008

Re: Printing policy

Sorry for the double post folks...I sent this before I was ready - spelling
errors and all ... Monday Monday ;^)

Hello all,

I can't speak to our printing policy as a whole, but I will comment on our
large format printing policy.
Here in the visual arts department we have two Epson large format printers
which we maintain for our photography, graphics, and AP students as well as
the faculty and school community. The printer also gets used by the
communications department for the printing of posters and promotional
materials. Currently, all supplies for the printers are paid for by the
visual arts department and any other use is reimbursed by the user's
department.

Although we have not entirely eliminated the need to outsource large format
printing, we do have exceptional control of our prints. The quality of our
Epson printers is amazing and our visual arts students gasp when they see
how well their work comes out. I also can't emphasize enough how important
it is for our visual arts students to have a tangible piece of work to
critique when so much of our digital work only exists on the machine.

I'd be curious at other teacher use and policy on large format printing in
the visual arts department.

Regards,

J.
--