Monday, February 25, 2008

Re: Printing policy

St. Agnes Academy maintains printers in every classroom, the library and
art department.

We use printeron.net to manage student printing. Our high volume
printers in the library and computer lab are setup with print release
stations which has reduced paper waste.

Our printeron.net policy allows students to print a maximum of 25 pages
per job. We have elected to disable the monthly quota option for the
students. We have assigned a cost to the color printers so the students
can view the cost of their color print job when sending the document.

The students are allowed to print black and white pages to the color
printers. Students enrolled in various Photoshop and web design classes
have rights to print in color from classroom computers.

The art department has two Epson Stylus Pro printers for poster printing
and photo layout jobs. =20
These printers are only available to students enrolled in the advance
Photoshop class.

Before using a print management system we spent approximately $18,000
per year in toner. =20
Today we offer both color and black and white printing to students while
reducing the toner budget to $9,000.

Jason Hyams
Director of Technology =20
St. Agnes Academy