Saturday, February 2, 2008

Re: Fujitsu tablets

ISEDers -- Sorry for the delayed response but I didn't see an offlist =
address...
=20
Marty,
=20
We just implemented a mobile cart of Fujitsu tablets (model 14xx) this =
year. I'm very pleased with them. They feel more rugged than the =
Toshiba or IBM's that we had teachers piloting. But they don't seem =
clunky. The battery and charging needs work well with our schedules in =
that the cart gets used 2-3 periods a day. We ususally try get a little =
plugged in time before that 3rd class, but I believe, if pushed they =
could make it. I don't think they could be run all day without charging, =
though, if that is a need of yours.=20
=20
Problems? The internal microphones were "off" by default and there are =
several hoops to jump through to get them on. Several calls to tech =
support. And for some reason that I still haven't figured out, I had =
nearly 20% of the stylus (styli?) malfunction. Some times they would =
work if you hold in one of the click buttons on the side but some of the =
failures were completely unable to manipulate the computer. They would =
only select items on the desktop. A stylus from another computer or a =
spare on would work fine so the problem seemed to be with the stylus and =
not the computer. At any rate, they were covered under warranty but I =
had to go without until the new ones came. I now have a couple extras on =
hand.
=20
I hope this helps and I'd be very interested to hear from anyone else =
with stylus issues.
=20
sherry
Sherry Ward