Friday, February 8, 2008

introduction

I'm a new subscriber, writing to introduce myself before I send two separat=
e posts presenting two very different questions my school is considering.

I'm at The Roeper School, a 625 student, co-ed, pre-K through 12, day schoo=
l on two campuses in the suburbs of Detroit. The school has been around si=
nce 1941, and since 1956 has focused its work on serving the gifted populat=
ion. The details of our history and origins are unique and interesting (do=
es anyone not say that about his or her school?) but probably a longer stor=
y than I should offer to folks who haven't asked.

I'm the school's first Director of Studies, a position that was created in =
the spring of 2007 and that I moved into after 7 years as Roeper's Upper Sc=
hool Director.

I'm already enjoying reading the ISED-L community's posts.

Thanks very much to the list's founders and managers.
Gregg
gregg.goldberg@roeper.org<mailto:gregg.goldberg@roeper.org>
Gregg W. Goldberg
Director of Studies
The Roeper School

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L