Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Re: iPads in Education - how are you using it? How do you see it being used?

That WSJ article is full of pseudo-science, nostalgia, weak causality =
and an ad for a publisher of handwriting workbooks.

On Oct 6, 2010, at 7:21 AM, David Withrow wrote:

> Agreed. See this recent wsj article:
>=20
> =
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704631504575531932754922518.=
html?KEYWORDS=3Dbarchowsky#articleTabs%3Darticle

>=20
> as just one area of use.
>=20
>=20
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Danton Chin <danno@javanaut.com> =
wrote:
>=20
>> I originally wanted to add a comment to the thread on "Staff and =
Faculty
>> Use
>> of iPads" and deployment issues but because the original poster =
wanted to
>> remain on topic I am starting a separate post. The use of iPads in
>> Education
>> was a subject that I wanted to talk about this month at the iPhone
>> Developer
>> Conference Voices That Matter but because of time constraints and my
>> commitment to speak at another iPhone Developer conference I didn't. =
But
https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874]
>> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, =
attribution,
>> non-commercial, share-alike license.
>> RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L
>>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> David F. Withrow
> Director of Technology
> Harford Day School
> Bel Air, Maryland 21014
> voice: 410 809 2406
> fax: 410 836 5918
> cell: 443 876 3422
> skype: dfwithrow
> http://www.harfordday.org
>=20
> "What we want is to see the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not
> knowledge in pursuit of the child."- George Bernard Shaw
>=20
> The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its =
children.
> - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
>=20
> In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In =
practice,
> there is.
> - Yogi Berra
>=20
> [ For info on ISED-L see =
https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874 ]
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, =

Gary S. Stager, Ph.D.
Senior Editor & West Coast Bureau Chief
District Administration Magazine

Editor