Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Re: creating content

I'm not opposed to the iPad in education, but the examples in that =
article are pretty weak. Several of them, like "exhibit art" is just =
another form of consumption.

On a deeper level, school should not be about content production. =
Content is valueless. It's the sort of word Rupert Murdoch would use. It =
celebrates volume and quantity over quality. IMHO, it's a most vulgar =
term.

I ASSURE you that no serious music, art, film or writing teacher ever =
spoke of a student producing content, except when being forced to =
justify a technology purchase.

https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874 ]
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, =

Gary S. Stager, Ph.D.
Senior Editor & West Coast Bureau Chief
District Administration Magazine

Editor