Friday, July 10, 2009

Re: P/T conference software

Greg,
We used software from Virtual Paragon last fall after reviewing several
online solutions last year. Although the folks there were very helpful
and the software did exactly what we wanted it to, we found it (and all
online software) to be very burdensome to set up due to the number of
teachers we have who wear many hats. Having so many people who crossed
divisions (we're PK-8 elementary) and were advisors and teachers, we had
to set up waves of parent signups. Also, it isn't cheap. As a result, we
actually scrapped using it in the spring. It might be better suited to
high schools.

I'm intrigued to hear of some folks using Google Excel or their own wikis.
I would like to hear more about the pros and cons of this solutions....

Doug Fodeman

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:47:36 -0400
>From: "Smith, Greg" <SmithG@notredameprep.com>
>Subject: Parent/Teacher conference software
>Is anyone using a Parent/Teacher conference system that has been very
>successful. We would like to host it in-house if possible but would look
>at hosted options also. We currently use PTConferenceMaker from
>Graphtech which we are happy with but would like to bring in-house if
>possible
>Thanks
>Greg Smith
>Notre Dame Prep