Thursday, July 23, 2009

Re: ISED-L Digest - 21 Jul 2009 to 22 Jul 2009 (#2009-179)

Regards Dean,

We are using www.varsitybooks.com (they are owned by Follet) and we also
post a pdf of our book list on our website so that families can buy the
books cheaper on half.com if they are available. Varsity gives us
excellent service, an annual kick-back, an on-site buy-back in June and
tries to get us many free teacher's editions. I highly recommend them. The
key for us is having someone in your office who meticulously checks ISBN
#'s on both lists for accuracy and having a few spares on campus because
someone always purchases the wrong edition. We are actually hoping to move
away from commercial textbooks soon and try to use public domain on-line
texts to reduce costs for our families. Anyone have any good sources for
this?

Ken Weinstein
Maimonides Upper School
Brookline, MA