Thursday, July 16, 2009

Print Manager

Does anyone know if there is a plug-in, snap-in, add-on, or whatever
Microsoft wants to call it that will allow me to install on a computer
on my network that has a local (usb) printer attached to it, so I can
monitor usage? =20

I have five users (all in admin) that have their printer attached via
USB. (The main reason, was the network went down once two years ago, and
they couldn't print for a couple of days. They also wanted to make sure
they were the only ones that could access and print to their printers.)

I use Print Manager to know when to order ink, and also if I see one
offline for an extended period of time, I send my tech guy to take a
look. Five of my key admins want this same service, but they are not
ready to get connected via Ethernet.

Thanks,

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L