Friday, July 17, 2009

Re: new employee orientation

Here's what our New Faculty Orientation looks like on the first day.
8.27.08 New Faculty Orientation
Swain Library

9:00 Breakfast and coffee

9:15 Introductions, New Faculty Meeting schedule, Opening Meeting
Schedule, daily schedules, important forms, VIPs, phone extensions,
parking spaces, room keys, planners, grade books, course materials

10:15 Lorri Carroll, Director of Technology- technology orientation

10:45 Coffee Break

11:00 Jane Lewis, Head Librarian- Library presentation

11:15 Campus tour and introduction to Administrative Staff

12:15 Lunch in the Swain Library to review the faculty and students
handbooks with:
Bob Izzo (Head of School)
Bob Schroeder (Director of Middle/ Upper Schools)- Honor Code Introduction
Sue Gonnelly (Academic Dean)
Brian Christman (Middle School Dean of Students)
Andrew Niblock (Director of Lower School)

1:30 Business Office to complete payroll, insurance, and other important
forms

Room visits

Here is a rough schedule of our monthly meetings for the year:
Each new faculty member chooses a mentor in October.

Wednesday, August 27th 9:00am New Faculty Orientation

Tuesday, September 9th 5:00pm Welcome to HH Dinner (Library)
Guests: Bob Izzo, Other Administrators, Department Chairs
TOPIC: Mission and Culture of HH

Monday, October 6th 5:00pm Dinner- Library
TOPIC: Grades/comments, discipline, attendance, other general questions,
selection of mentors
Guests: Sue Gonnelly, Helen Barnstable, Noel Ashford, John Greenawalt

Thursday, November 6th 3:15pm Snacks
TOPIC: Perks and Percolation w/ Ed Issues - Faculty Sharing

Monday, December 15th 3:15pm Social Gathering

Monday, February 9th 3:15pm Snacks
TOPIC: HH Admissions
Other topics: Questions/ Concerns, How's it going? Classroom Visit