Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Re: T1 and ADSL

Yes, it is understandable that you would be experiencing a slowdown like
that with a single T1. I don't
believe that the ADSL line is the optimum solution to your problem.
From the standpoint of speed and
cost, it would be much better to go with a direct fiber optic Internet
feed from Verizon or whatever vendor
you have in Ontario.

We replaced all of our T1 lines with Verizon FIOS last year. We went
from (4) T1s (about 6Mbps of band-
width) to (2) 50Mbps FIOS circuits and our monthly costs went from $2200
to $500. We are very happy
with our setup now.

Good luck,

David E. Snodgress