Friday, February 13, 2009

Re: Laptop machines

We have been putting the Lenovo S10 netbooks through a series of tests =
recently, as we are looking to put them into Lower School classrooms =
soon... Our results have been great. Here is what we have found:
=20
- Yes, they come with Windows XP home, but we were able to get them =
running pretty well with Windows XP Pro, Vista Ultimate, and even =
Windows 7.
- They can handle multiple applications open and running at the same =
time (including some graphic hogs). We've have Google Earth, =
Powerpoint, and streaming video going at the same time without a =
noticeable slowdown.
- They will recognize up to 2GB of memory (we upgraded to 2GB before =
throwing the netbooks through tests).
- The kids love them... When we show them to the girls here, they go =
crazy over them. Most even say they are "cuter" than Macs... a big =
point for a PC-based school.
=20
Hope that helps.
=20