Monday, February 2, 2009

Re: email signatures

Karen,

Here at Ravenscroft we have included a template for email signatures as
part of our Visual Identity Guide coming out of our Communications
Office. We believe that Ravenscroft, as a brand, should be represented
in both traditional print and electronic print exactly the same way.
Therefore, when sending emails off campus we use the signature below
which has all the requisite parts as outlined in our V.I.G.. Those parts
include name, title, school, address, phone, fax, cell, URL and school
mission (the mission being in Italics when sending in HTML or Rich
Text).

After an initial email has been sent, however, one can shorten the
signature to name and title or remove it altogether as we believe the
signature is most important when contacting someone from the outside for
the very first time and is considered as part of a proper introduction
(which is what you are making when you send emails out on behalf of your
organization).

Hope this helps!

Jason T. Ramsden
Chief Technology Officer
Ravenscroft School
7409 Falls of Neuse Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27615
ph: (919) 847-0900, ext. 2214
fax: (919) 847-5583
cell: (919) 337-2244
http://www.ravenscroft.org=20

The Ravenscroft community, guided by our legacy of excellence, nurtures
individual potential and prepares students to thrive in a complex and
interdependent world.