Thursday, February 5, 2009

Re: Course Backpacks, etc.

I have not used these but I have spent time exploring the resources and att=
ended a keynote by founder of Connexions. This is very interesting concept =
and something that could really shake academic publishing in the future. Th=
e end of $130 text books could be around the corner. This is just one of se=
veral examples of open-source publishing where anyone may view and contribu=
te within the review structures established for the project. You can learn =
more at: http://cnx.org/. For a video that explains Connexions, check out t=
he TED presentation by Richard Baraniuk http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/=
richard_baraniuk_on_open_source_learning.html

Chris Bigenho
Director of Educational Technology
Greenhill School
4141 Spring Valley Road