Saturday, November 8, 2008

Re: Digital signage system?

Jonathan,

We're currently looking at digital signage options as well. Here are the =
ones that we've started researching a bit:

Visix - http://www.visix.com/
Firesign - http://www.firesign.net/
ConnectedSign - http://www.connectedsign.com/
Scala - http://www.scala.com=20

These options are very expensive, at least in my eyes. However, there are =
several factors that make them appealing to us. We're very interested in =
pulling content dynamically from our website and from other data sources. =
In particular, the ability to pull in RSS feeds and present them in a nice =
format is a requirement. We also like that different content creators can =
have access to different blocks within one page. In the end, we are =
looking for a product that is really easy to update. Otherwise it will be =
a wasteful investment for us because the content will grow stale.

If you have any specific questions, I may be able to answer them. I've =
been in contact with these companies quite a bit over the last few =
weeks.=20

Thanks.

Regards,

Bill Griscom

Director of Information Services
Lancaster Country Day School
725 Hamilton Road
Lancaster, PA 17603-2491
717.392.2916 x. 246
griscomb@lancastercountryday.org

>>> Jonathan Mergy <jmergy@lwhs.org> 11/7/2008 4:14 PM >>>
I am running this on the CAIS list too, but people seem to be doing all
kinds of things.=20

I am leaning to more of a PC/LCD combo like this -

http://www.tekpanel.com/32_inch_integrated_computer.asp=20

Called to see what I can get and pricing. They SEEM pricey, but might be a
good fit. Having a low-profile PC in the LCD gives me a lot of options and =
can have it feed from a central source (RSS, etc. ) or have it show video,
whatever. I have one power cable running to it and I am done since it can
have built-in wireless.

Jonathan
Jonathan Mergy (jmergy@lwhs.org)
Director Of Technology