Thursday, December 13, 2007

Re: ISED-L Digest - 11 Dec 2007 to 12 Dec 2007 (#2007-202)

We had a local programmer write and host a website for grades and
comments. He custom designed drop-down boxes and comment fields for us. We
easily upload the data export from Senior Systems and teachers access it
via the web from home or school. Parents get a mail-merged letter with
user id and password and they access it online 4 times/year. Contact me
offline and I will send you his name if you like. We lease the s/w from
him and he hosts it so there is no additional load to our (small) IT staff.

He also designed a custom scheduler so parents can schedule their teacher
conferences online themselves based on our criteria.

Ken Weinstein
General Studies Principal, Middle and Upper Schools
Maimonides School
34 Philbrick Rd
Brookline, MA 02445