Friday, December 14, 2007

Re: 1-1 Laptop program evaluation request

Tami,
=20
To start you want to read Pam Livingston's book which you can get at the =
ISTE bookstore. Compiles excellent information from many independent =
schools. Our group is finding it invaluable.
=20
Product Code: LAPTOP
Product: 1-to-1 Learning: Laptop Programs that Work
Unit Price: 34.95

http://www.iste.org/source/Orders/isteProductDetail.cfm?product_code=3DLA=
PTOP
=20

***************

When every student in the classroom has a laptop, tablet, or handheld =
computer at their fingertips, a whole new world of instructional =
possibilities appears. Get ready to map those possibilities with Pamela =
Livingston's guide to 1-to-1 programs that work. You'll find practical =
planning advice and a host of implementation resources.=20

Learn how to:

* Form an effective and inclusive planning committee=20
* Choose hardware and software that will integrate well with existing =
systems=20
* Select the most cost-effective purchasing, support, and funding =
options=20
* Anticipate and overcome logistical challenges=20
* Plan professional development activities that inspire teacher buy-in=20
* And much, much more!=20

Learn from the leaders of the most successful 1-to-1 programs in the =
country how to plan and roll out a program that will work from day 1!

Cathy Meany

Boston Latin School