Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Re: Anyone using Student Response systems in the Classroom

Sandy:

We have huge success using Promethean's Activote system (part of their
Activclassroom and embedded in their IWB Activboard and software
Activprimary/Activstudio). The Activotes allow a teacher to either
pre-plan questions or do them on the fly. I find them invaluable to do
a check in the middle of a lesson to see if the class has understood the
topic being covered.

Building on the success and functionality of the Activotes, the next
iteration is the Activexpression. Activexpression is a multi-funtion
vote system, allowing multiple choice, short answers, symbols, etc.
Both the Activotes and Activexpression can be seen here:

http://www.prometheanworld.com/us/server/show/nav.4240

The great thing about Promethean is that they are an IWB company that
only focuses on education. All of their products, including the
software, voting system, boards, etc., are designed solely for
education! Both the IWB and voting systems have made a huge difference
in our classrooms K thru 12!

If you would like more information, don't hesitate to contact me directly!

Jeff Ritter
Director of Technology
St. John's School
2401 Claremont Ln.