Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Re: Staff/Faculty Use of iPads...

I just think it's a shame that, in their most influential years,
institutions are buying into the instant gratification of consumerism.
These are the years students should be learning how to build things, not
just consume them. Creativity and construction is one of the last few
markets that the United States holds (ie. The movie industry). Now by
making our students consumers and exchangers of "pre-chewed" information
we are destroying one of the last things that makes us a powerful
country. Just an opinion, but if it bothers you, then there must be
some truth to it. I believe that the iPad is a marvelous device for
instant gratification, but a learning tool? Questionable and most
certainly debatable.