Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Re: ISED Grading Software and Blackbaud

Hi,

We did the sync between RE and EE 2 years ago. We installed EE and got it =
all up and running for several months before we did the integration. EE =
and FE really share the same database so that part was easy and it went =
well. Our existing financial data was in very good shape so it did not =
cause any headaches. =20

Then we tackled the integration with RE and EE. We did it very slowly and =
cautiously and followed Blackbaud's directions carefully. We did not pay =
for all the integration time they wanted to sell us. We had meetings to =
agree on what to call things and how to do them. We did some major =
cleanup on the RE data. But, when I finally pushed the button and told it =
to integrate it worked. I did have to go back in and manually match up =
some people, mostly either families where several generations shared the =
same name or families where the names were totally different and the =
relationships were not coded correctly in one or the other database.

Now, about FaWeb. We are using it to do grades and report cards. Our =
teachers are not using it to keep their grade books. Several of us, =
myself included tried it and found it more cumbersome than it was worth to =
us. The ones of us who did try it all went back to using Excel for our =
grade books and then moving the course average into FaWeb for the =
reporting part. We have not tried it in the last 18 months so it may have =
changed and I would not be aware of it.

Good success,

Sister Elizabeth
Powhatan School

>>> John Threlkeld <jthrelkeld@graland.org> 5/7/2008 1:36 PM >>>
FAWeb is OK but takes a little getting used to. Once you do, it's fine
and more than adequate.=20

=20
John W. Threlkeld
Graland Country Day School