Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Re: Transferring VHS to DVD

That is my understanding of the copyright / fair use laws too. You can =
only make a copy of a video or music CD if it is damaged (such as the =
tape is wearing out or the CD is scratched) and you made every effort to =
find another copy you could buy for "fair market value." Although I =
know several schools that make backup copies to circulate, I do not =
think that is legal under the fair use / copyright laws of today.

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School