Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Re: Online photo storage (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED=20
Caveats: NONE

www.smugmug.com has most of the flickr pro services for free and a Pro
version as well that allows greater customization. The interface is
pretty but sometimes the functionality is clunky.

www.flickr.com has a stripped down interface, but I find it pretty
intuitive. The Pro version is cheaper than smugmug.

coppermine-gallery.net
Is a great open-source product that can be a little tricky to set-up
initially, but the windows installer is pretty good. You can host it on
your LAN so, in theory it is faster, but it can be more complex if you
want to share galleries with parents and others.

www.apple.com/aperture/whatisaperture/
I don't think it meets all your needs but it is a pretty slick product
for professional image management and keeps you from having to open up
photoshop most of the time. I have only used it as a single user but it
saved me a lot of time.

___________________________________

Jason Johnson - Program Director
Web Services Branch - Walter Reed Army Medical Center Ingenium (ISO
9001:2000 certified)
Office: 202-782-1047
Cell: 202-262-0516
jason.johnson@ingenium.net
jason.p.johnson2@us.army.mil=20

Confidentiality Notice

This document may contain information covered under the Privacy Act, 5
USC 552(a), and/or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act (PL 104-191) and it's various implementing regulations and must be
protected in accordance with those provisions. Healthcare information is
personal and sensitive and must be treated accordingly. If this
correspondence contains healthcare information it is being provided to
you after appropriate authorization from the patient or under
circumstances that don't require patient authorization. You, the
recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and
confidential manner. Redisclosure without additional patient consent or
as permitted by law is prohibited. Unauthorized redisclosure, or failure
to maintain confidentiality subjects you to application of appropriate
sanction. If you have received this correspondence in error, please
notify the sender and once and destroy any copies you have made.