Thursday, March 27, 2008

Re: Transferring VHS to DVD

OK, so that's just on *digital* media, and not the old analog stuff. I can
see where they might have a few concerns about the digital stuff. Analog
loses quality with each generation, so after a few copies of copies, it's
nothing anyone in the entertainment industry would be worried about anymore=
;
but digital goes marching on.

Of course, the funny thing here is that Phillips and Sony, the two biggest
players here, make money on both sides of the street. They make it from
blank media and recording devices, and they also make it off of the very
music and movies that they're complaining about the rest of us copying.
Either way they make out.

4----000-.html/../uscode17/usc_sec_17_00001003----000-.html