Friday, October 8, 2010

Re: Web content management recommendations

Dear Terry,

We developed our new website internally last year using Drupal website soft=
ware. http://www.catlin.edu

For social networking, we go where our constituents already are: Facebook. =
We do provide login accounts on our website for parents, students, alumni, =
and other groups on our website to access protected content, student blogs,=
etc.

We accept online payment through the site for admission applications and su=
mmer programs registration. We may migrate our proprietary online payment s=
ystem into the site at some point. We do not plan to accept tuition payment=
s online, because the cost of the processing fee would gain us little in re=
turn.

We manage volunteer signups on the site but not other event signups at this=
time.

We have classroom web pages, which teachers edit on the site. The site is b=
ound to our directory for teacher, student, and staff login.

We have written custom modules to integrate with our Blackbaud SIS. See our=
Google group for more info on writing your own integration scripts: http:/=
/groups.google.com/group/openbb

Richard