Friday, October 8, 2010

Re: Web content management recommendations

We went with Finalsite and launched our new website at the end of June. We =
were very happy with the process and result. The design process lets you be=
as involved as you would like which I appreciated.
=A0
We have teacher pages for all our classes as well as many of our groups. Th=
ey include a homework dropbox, calendar, blogs and forums=A0bulletin board,=
resource folders and multimedia gallery for=A0videos, mp3s and slide shows=
.
=A0
It integrates wonderfully with our social media presence on Twitter and Fac=
ebook, allowing us to enter information into once place and feed=A0it to=A0=
the others. It also=A0allows us to bring in feeds to our site and we will=
=A0be launching our mash-up page of=A0our social networking on the site nex=
t week.
=A0
We have just begun playing with the event management which is very easily s=
et up through their new forms manager. Currently we have prospective famili=
es registering for admissions programs. It has been working very well and w=
e will be expanding our event registration on the website in the near futur=
e.
=A0
Our next project is to integrate online payment which seems to be very user=
friendly as well.
=A0
We also find the ability for constituents to sign up for calendar and news =
alerts via email or SMS to have been a very well received feature.
=A0
To be fair Whipple Hill would allow you to do very similar things as well a=
nd we looked seriously at both companies but choose Finalsite and are very =
happy. We likewise are happy with our SIS and actually have very successful=
ly integrated it into our website which has been a huge bonus.
=A0
Our website is http://www.theoakridgeschool.org. I'd be happy to answer any=
other questions you have as well.
=A0