Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Re: Staff/Faculty Use of iPads...

Hi there.
By next week, we will have 43 ipads in place with 32 being used by
kindergarten and 2nd grade students.
Right now faculty has their own iPads.
Each iPad has over 50 apps which we have been experimenting with since July=
.
We use the built in email and calendar.
We use 3G and we are thrilled!
Apps are purchased through iTunes and we issued the teachers iTunes GIFT
CARDS to put into the iTunes account.
We are awaiting charging carts from Datamation which should be here by
Friday.
Susan Ferris Rights
The Pingry School

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Ademola Popoola <popoola@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any schools out there that have introduced the use of ipads by
> the
> staff at their schools? If so, I'd like to know how they're being used in
> your environment...
>
> - How has it been integrated in your networked environment? Any technic=
al
> issues or limitations with this integration?
> - Is it being used as an email client? If so, are you using the built i=
> email, calendar, and task apps?
> - What other apps have you found useful as a productivity tool?
> - Have you purchased a 3G unit? If so, how is the performance?
>
> Thanks in advance for all insight.
>
> --
> A. Popoola
>
> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D1288=
74]

--=20
Susan Ferris Rights
susanferris123@gmail.com
908-568-1884

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.=94
Theodore Roosevelt

=93A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.=
=94
Walter Winchell