Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Re: Alternatives to SmartTech's Notebook software?

Fred, I absolutely agree with you that the dedicated board/software combo is
on its way out. With BrightLink projectors and Eno boards, it's clear that
good software coupled with *anything* that provides good interactivity
should win the day.

SMART prohibits the use of Notebook on "restricted" products, which
basically amounts to anything interactive not made by them. They are,
though, making a web-based version of Notebook (Notebook Express --
http://express.smarttech.com) meant to work with non-SMART products.

RM Easiteach is a good alternative, and the next generation of that software
announced and shown off at ISTE looked really slick, certainly better than
what came bundled with our Enos and BrightLink.

Basil

--
Basil Kolani
Director of Information Services