Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Re: Off-site data storage/backup

Wow! A fellow Marylander from the final resting place of Tallulah
Bankhead in beautiful Chestertown!

I've been using Amanda. They support off site storage with Amazon Web
Services as the storage service. I've been using it trouble free for years
at very low cost.

Amanda is also a Marylander! Stands for Advanced Maryland Automatic
Network Disk Archiver and was conceived at the University of Maryland.
They have a sweet frontend and it's called Zmanda - otherwise it's free and
open source software.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks,

Matt Burkhardt
http://www.imparisystems.com

https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874 ]