Thursday, April 15, 2010

Re: Summer Faculty Reading

I just got Peter Gow's "The Intentional Teacher." I haven't read it all yet,
and though much is directed at teachers new to independent schools, I think
that it could spark some great discussions among faculty that could clarify
culture and philosophy. I'm enjoying the insights about teaching and
learning communities that he presents. I find myself smiling and nodding at
very familiar situations and appreciate knowing that we are not alone! I am
also learning new ways of looking at and dealing with common issues.
And since Peter is such a wonderful member of the ISED community, I thought
it would be nice to give his book a plug!

Christy Vail
Head of Lower School
Sacramento Country Day
cvail@saccds.org