Saturday, April 24, 2010

Re: Ning no longer free

If I have one Ning and it costs me $10 a month I can probably swing that.
But across my school I have about 10 Nings and affording $100.00 a month
isn't that easy for us. It will all depend on the pricing structure. Plus,
my 2010-11 budget was decided in November. It is a little late for me to be
asking for an additional $1200. That will probably mean going a year withou=
Ning (assuming it gets approved for 2011 -12).

I'm still waiting to see what happens. I have yet to receive any formal
notification from Ning.

-Liz

Liz Davis
http://www.edtechpower.blogspot.com

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Gary S. Stager <district@stager.org> wrote=
:

> If you use it, why not pay?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>

> On Apr 16, 2010, at 11:02 AM, "Clum, Garry" <gclum@spa.edu> wrote:
>
> Just an FYI
>>
>> One month after long-time Ning CEO Gina Bianchini was replaced by COO
>> Jason Rosenthal , the company is making some major changes: It has just
>> announced that it is killing off its free product, forcing existing free
>> networks to either make the change to premium accounts or migrate their
>> networks elsewhere. Rosenthal has also just announced that the company =
has
>> cut nearly 70 people =E2=80=94 over 40% of its staff. Here=E2=80=99s the=
email Rosenthal
>> just sent out to the company:
>>

>> http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/15/nings-bubble-bursts-no-more-free-networ=
ks-cuts-40-of-staff/#comment-1030783