Monday, April 26, 2010

Re: Document Cameras

We are using Samsung Document Camera DP-850 and Samsung Document Camera D=
P-860. We did not like the AverMedia doc cams because they weren't bright=
enough when the teachers were displaying information. The AverMedia and =
DP-860 are comparable. The DP-860
can hold a media card, record video, and will eventually have a hook up f=
or a microscope. The arm can get much closer to the object and the lens c=
an move 360=B0. We are very happy with our Samsung DP-860.
Stephanie
A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes=
:
>We have really had great luck with AverMedia document cameras. The one
>caveat I have for you is to make sure you buy the cameras that come with
>rigid arms. The cameras with flexible necks start to droop after a year=
or
>two of constant use.
>
>David E. Snodgress
>Director of Technology & Media Services
>Saint Stephen's Episcopal School
>Bradenton, FL
>
>On Apr 22, 2010 6:20 PM, "Jayme Johnson" <jjohnson@village-school.org>
>wrote:
>
>We have tested both the ELMO TT and the AverVision CP150 and CP300. Teac=
hers
>love the AverVision cameras. They aren't too pricey, either. If you'd li=
ke
>additional information, feel free to send questions my way.
>~Jayme
>--
>Jayme Johnson
>Director of Academic Technology
>Twitter: @jaymej
>
>Village School
>780 Swarthmore Avenue
>Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
>http://www.village-school.org
>

>On 4/22/10 2:28 PM, "Janice Hydock" <jehydock@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>We are using Promethean ActivB...
>RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS=3DISED-L
>

>[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128=
874 ]
>Submissions to ISED-L ...
>
>[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128=
874 ]
>Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution=
, non-commercial, share-alike license.
>RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L

Stephanie Oberle
Technology Coordinator